Following the series of red cards in the previous game, Mumbai City FC's coach, Petr Kratky, implemented few changes in the lineup for the match against the in-form Kerala Blasters. Tiri and Valpuia were introduced into the starting XI, replacing skipper Rahul Bheke and Akash Mishra, while Mehtab Singh moved to the right-back position. Jayesh Rane entered the midfield, taking the place of the suspended Greg Stewart.

The game commenced with Kerala Blasters displaying early attacking intent. Rahul KP won the ball in Mumbai's half, driving into the box. However, under pressure from Griffiths, his shot hit the side netting, narrowly missing the target.

Mumbai responded with Tiri delivering a precise cross-field ball to find Chhangte. The latter skillfully brought the ball down, evaded his marker, and delivered a cross into the box. The Blasters' defense scrambled to clear the danger.

In the 11th minute, Kerala Blasters broke the deadlock. Peprah showcased nimble footwork to spin past the injured Griffiths. Moving into the box, Peprah cut the ball back for Diamantakos, who deftly switched the ball from left to right foot and poked it past Phurba, opening the scoring for Kerala.

Due to an injury, Rostyn Griffiths was replaced by Abdenasser El Khayati. Kerala continued to press forward, earning a corner. However, Danish Farooq's resulting shot from outside the box went off target.

At the other end, Jayesh Rane found space outside the box and took a shot, but a diving Suresh made a brilliant save, denying Mumbai the equalizer. The Islanders intensified their attack, winning a couple of corners, but Kerala's defense successfully cleared the threats.

Bipin attempted to send in a ball that deflected off a defender, and Jayesh Rane's header back into the box found Diaz. Unfortunately, Diaz couldn't position his feet for a perfect shot. Moments later, El Khayati delivered a looping ball into the box from the byline, where Jayesh Rane attempted an acrobatic shot but couldn't connect properly, as the ball looped up, Kerala goalkeeper Sachin Suresh collected it comfortably.

A ball into the Mumbai box sees Van Nieff pushing back to let Keeper collect it however Peprah pressing into the attack, got past Van Nieff but Phurba Lachenpa came out In time to clear the danger. In the resulting counter-attack, Chhangte beat his marker and delivered a brilliant low cross that evaded everyone in the box.

In the 45th minute, a low cross from the left was deflected away by Phurba, but Rahul KP failed to capitalized on the loose ball, taking a touch before firing a shot that went wide of the keeper and hit the wide post before going out.

In injury time (45+5’ minute), Peprah passed the ball to Diamantakos on the left side of the box. Diamantakos drew a couple of defenders out before finding Peprah again inside the box. The latter took a shot on the turn, finding the net and making it 2-0 at the stroke of halftime.

Mumbai City FC made an early change in the second half, bringing in Sanjeev Stalin to replace Jayesh Rane. In the 47th minute, Mehtab Singh had an opportunity with a header from the center of the box, but it missed to the right following a corner delivered by Bipin Singh.

Kerala Blasters responded with a chance of their own in the 52nd minute when Danish Farooq's header from very close range missed to the right after a corner assisted by Mohammed Aimen.

In the 60th minute, Diaz won a freekick right at the edge of the box, and Van Nieff's freekick was blocked away by the Kerala wall. As Mumbai continued to search for goals, Coach Petr Kratky introduced fresh legs, bringing in Vinit Rai and Ayush Chhikara, replacing Apuia and Bipin Singh.

In the 67th minute, Kerala went on the attack, with Peprah making a run into the box and delivering a cross for Rahul KP. However, Islanders/ keeper Phurba Lachenpa came off his line to punch the ball away to safety.

Mumbai had a chance in the 69th minute when Diaz held off defenders and found Chhangte in the box. However, a last-ditch challenge from Marko Leskovic blocked Chhangte from taking a shot on target.

In the 70th minute, Tiri suffered a hamstring injury and was replaced by Franklin Nazarath. In the 76th minute, Chhangte was fouled on the left by Rahul KP, receiving a yellow card. El Khayati's freekick into the box was cleared away by the Kerala defense.

Despite Mumbai's continued attacks, the Kerala defense held firm. In the 80th minute, a corner from  El Khayati finds Mehtab Singh at the far post whose header from the right side of the six-yard box missed to the left

In the 83rd minute, Kwame Peprah attempted a right-footed shot from the left side of the box, but it went high of the target. Mumbai pressed on, but Kerala's defense successfully fended off the attacks.

In the first minute of injury time, Ayush Chhikara intercepted a ball and drove forward but was fouled by Danish Farooq just outside the box. Farooq received a card for the foul, and Van Nieff's ensuing free-kick was once again blocked by the wall.

In the dying seconds of the game, Mehtab Singh delivered a cross, and Ayush Chhikara's header from the center of the box lacked the necessary power as Sachin Suresh collected it in the center of the goal. The match concluded without Mumbai City FC finding the equalizer.

Mumbai City FC will now look to get back on the winning ways at the home turf when they face Chennaiyin FC at home on 28th December in what would be the club’s 7th game in the month.