In the clash against Chennaiyin FC, Mumbai City FC made some strategic changes to their lineup. Skipper Rahul Bheke, returning from suspension, partnered with Tiri in the central defense. El Khayati earned a start, and Vikram Singh took the place of the injured Bipin Singh on the wings.

The opening minutes saw Vikram Singh testing Chennaiyin Custodian Debjit Majumdar with a shot from the left edge of the box. The resulting corner provided a golden opportunity for Mumbai as Jorge Pereryra Diaz's header hit the crossbar and went over.

Chennaiyin responded with an attack as Bikash Yumnam's delivery was headed forward by Jordan Murray. However, Mumbai's goalkeeper, Phurba Lachenpa, came off his line decisively to punch away the danger.

Mumbai continued to threaten, with Rahul Bheke delivering a cross into the Chennaiyin box. Vikram's heads the ball across the goal. Pereyra Diaz attempts to guide it into the net with a diving header but narrowly misses as Debjit collects the ball.

In the 12th minute, Chennaiyin had a chance when Sarthak Golui's left-footed shot from the center of the box narrowly missed the top right corner following a set-piece situation.

Moments later, Chhangte delivered a looping ball into the far corner, but Mehtab's header went just wide of the target. At the other end, Chennaiyin's Jordan Murray had a promising opportunity in the 16th minute, but his shot from the right side of the box at a tight angle was saved by Lachenpa.

Chennaiyin attempted to increase the pressure, winning a series of corners in the 18th minute, but Mumbai's defense stood tall to withstand the onslaught.

In the 34th minute, Mumbai had a missed chance when Vikram Pratap was brought down inside the box, resulting in a penalty. However, L Chhangte's spot-kick hit the inside of the crossbar and bounced out, cleared away by the Chennaiyin defense.

Sarthak Golui received a yellow card in the 40th minute after bringing down Chhangte while chasing a long ball from Lachenpa into the Chennaiyin box.

As the first half neared its end, Mumbai came close again with a ball into the box. Chhangte's delivery found Diaz at the center of the box, but his shot on the turn was blocked by the Chennaiyin defense as both sides entered the break with deadlock yet to be broken.

The Islanders began the second half with intense attacking intent. Apuia with a through ball sends Jorge Pereyra Díaz through on goal the latter’s right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the Debjit.

Moments later, El Khayati gets into the box, unleashing a shot that deflects off a defender. The loose ball found its way to Chhangte on the left, who calmly took a touch before curling a shot into the net, putting Mumbai in the lead.

In the 58th minute, Mumbai had a chance to double the lead on the counter as Chhangte released Pereyra Diaz through on goal. However, Diaz lost his footing while attempting to beat the keeper, scuffing the shot as the Chennaiyin FC defence cleared the danger.

Diaz, unfortunately, went down injured, prompting Coach Petr Kratky to bring in Gurkirat Singh as his replacement. Simultaneously, El Khayati made way for Jayesh Rane. Both substitutions had an immediate impact, with Gurkirat attempting a shot on the turn that went just over the bar, and Jayesh Rane's shot from the left edge of the box was palmed over by the alert Debjit. 

Following the water break, Chennaiyin FC looked to mount a comeback, winning couple of freekicks in Mumbai half but failed to breach Mumbai defence or test the keeper Phurba Lachenpa effectively.

In the 78th minute, Mumbai City FC extended their lead when Valpuia's delivery into the box led to a foul on Gurkirat Singh. Vikram Pratap Singh confidently stepped up and dispatched the penalty into the top left corner, doubling Mumbai's advantage.

As the game progressed, Mumbai continued their dominance. In the 82nd minute, Valpuia combined with Chhangte to attack from the right, delivering a teasing ball into the box that Vikram Pratap headed over from the center of the box.

A minute later, Chhangte was fouled at the edge of the box on the right, and Van Nieff's free-kick hit the crossbar and went over as Mumbai continue to look for goals.

Their persistence soon paid off as Apuia drives forward and cuts it for Gurkirat at the edge of the box, the substitute runs past couple of player before curling in a low shot to the bottom left corner of the net beating a diving Chennaiyin custodian 

In the closing moments, Coach Kratky made additional substitutions introducing fresh legs by bringing in Vinit Rai and Seilenthang Lotjem in place of Apuia and Chhangte. Mumbai efficiently managed the remaining time, securing a resounding 3-0 victory over Chennaiyin FC.

The result sees the Islanders climbing to the 3rd spot in the league standings as the tournament headed into the International break.