Mumbai City FC started the match with Phurba Lachenpa guarding the goal, and Skipper Rahul Bheke making a return to the playing XI alongside Tiri. Valpuia and Mehtab formed the defensive lineup, while Apuia and Van Nieff occupied the midfield alongside the returning Noguera. The attacking trio featured the young Indian talents Vikram, Chhangte, and Ayush Chikkara.

The game started with a cautious approach from both sides, testing the waters in the initial exchanges. In the 10th minute, Van Nieff attempted the first shot of the game from a distance, but it went wide. Shortly after, Mumbai came even closer when Van Nieff delivered a well-placed ball over the Jamshedpur defense to find Chhangte on the right. Chhangte, attempting to chip the oncoming keeper, saw his shot take a slight deflection before going over the bar.

In the 14th minute, Mumbai's persistent pressure paid off as Van Nieff's precise corner delivery found Tiri, who headed home to break the deadlock.

Mumbai's dominance continued, earning a foul outside the box in the 20th minute. Van Nieff's free-kick was blocked by the Jamshedpur defense. The Islanders almost capitalized on defensive error moments later as Ayush Chhikara seized on a loose back pass, but his shot from a tight angle narrowly missed the post.

Despite a couple of free-kicks and corners for Jamshedpur in Mumbai's half, the Islanders' defense stood firm. In the 32nd minute, Mumbai extended their lead when Chhangte's cross from the left found an unmarked Alberto Noguera, who headed it into the top right corner from the center of the box.

Mumbai maintained control, not allowing Jamshedpur any chances in attack. In the 40th minute, Rei Tachikawa was booked for simulation after a theatrical fall inside the Mumbai box. Shortly afterward, Chukwu delivered a cross into the center of the box, where an alert Bheke headed it out. Mumbai quickly attempted a counter, but Chhangte's delivery into the box was intercepted at the last moment.

As half-time approached, Mumbai threatened again with Chhangte's shot from the edge of the box, requiring a diving save from Jamshedpur custodian TP Rehenesh. Both teams entered the break with Mumbai City FC holding a comfortable 2-0 lead.

The second half kicked off with Mumbai maintaining their attacking intent. Chhangte seized the first chance of the half, latching onto a loose ball inside the Jamshedpur box and firing a shot amidst defenders, but Rehenesh easily collected the ball following a deflection. Minute later, Vikram earned a free-kick just outside the box after being brought down by Provat Lakra. Chhangte stepped up for the freekick but his curling shot narrowly missed the post.

Against the run of play in the 54th minute, Jamshedpur pulled one back. Siverio chested down a brilliant ball onto the path of Chukwu, whose shot was blocked by Phurba. However, Imran Khan capitalized on the rebound and slotted it into the net to make it 2-1.

Following the goal, Coach Petr Kratky introduced the latest signing, Iker Guarrotxena, replacing Vikram Singh to strengthen the attack.

In the 58th minute, Jamshedpur levelled the score after Siverio won the ball following a defensive mistake. Siverio then found Sanan at the edge of the box who cuts it across for Jérémy Manzorro. The latter’s shot took a slight deflection before finding the net.

Mumbai responded immediately, with Chhangte beating his marker on the left and sending a ball into the box, but Iker's shot went over the bar.

Seeking the winner, Coach Petr Kratky brought in Bipin Singh and Franklin Nazareth. They immediately went on the attack, with Chhangte getting the ball at the edge of the box, but his shot was blocked by the Jamshedpur defense. At the other end, Sanan forced a save from Mumbai custodian with a shot from a tight angle.

With ten minutes to full time, Mumbai went close again when Bipin delivered a cross to the far post, where an unmarked Chhangte headed it across the goal. The ball fell for Iker, but his back heel shot was somehow blocked by the Jamshedpur FC defense.

In the 87th minute, Jamshedpur took the lead after a foul inside the box. After a quick give an go with Sanan, Chukwu fired in a shot from inside the box but gets blocked by Mehtab Singh however while trying to clear the ball, Mehtab ends up bringing Chukwu down as referee pointed to the spot kick. Jérémy Manzorro slotted the ball to the bottom right corner to make it 2-1.

Mumbai fought back, winning a foul, and Van Nieff played it short to find Noguera just outside the box unmarked, but his attempt went wide. Another set-piece situation saw Mehtab brought down inside the box, but the referee allowed play to continue despite clear shirt-tugging.

Jamshedpur had a chance to extend their lead when Chukwu found himself inside the box, but his shot hit the side netting. Mumbai continued to push forward in search of an equalizer. After a series of pinball actions inside the Jamshedpur box, the red miners' defense finally cleared the danger away.

Later in the injury time, Apuia found Iker at the edge of the box, and the latter chested the ball down, taking a first-time shot that narrowly missed the target. As Mumbai pushed men forward, Jamshedpur initiated a counter, with Chukwu going forward with the ball. However, his cutback found Uvais, who shot over the bar.

In the final moments of the game, Chhangte dribbled past his marker, firing in a cross that the Jamshedpur defense managed to clear as the referee blew the final whistle.

Mumbai City FC will look to come back with a win soon as they next take on East Bengal away from home on Tuesday, 13th February.