In a highly anticipated clash, league leaders FC Goa and Mumbai City FC locked horns in a battle that promised excitement from the get-go.

New coach Petr Kratky managing in his first game in charge of the Islanders opted for continuity, fielding an unchanged side from the previous game, where Mumbai City FC secured a convincing 4-0 victory against Bengaluru FC.

The early moments saw Goa applying pressure, earning a corner that created an opportunity for Carl McHugh from a Víctor Rodríguez cross. However, his header from the center of the box was well blocked by Rostyn Griffiths.

Mumbai, seeking to capitalize on their recent form, responded with an attempt from Greg Stewart. His shot, though promising, sailed just over the crossbar, signaling Mumbai's intent.

Goa came close to breaking the deadlock in the 11th minute, with Carl McHugh orchestrating a chance for Boris Singh. Unfortunately for Goa, Boris couldn't generate enough power in his shot, allowing Mumbai's custodian, Phurbha Lachenpa, to make a comfortable save.

Shortly after, Phurbha Lachenpa found himself in action once more. This time, his vigilance was crucial as Victor and Noah combined to create an opportunity from within the box. Victor's pass into the box was deftly chested down by Noah, who then attempted a volley. However, Lachenpa showed agility and skill, tipping the ball over the bar and thwarting Noah's attempt to find the back of the net.

The 20th minute witnessed Mumbai's turn to threaten as Apuia won the ball and initiated an attack, finding Nasser El Khayati after a quick 1-2 with Stewart. El Khayati unleashed a powerful shot from just outside the box, but the attempt narrowly missed the target.

At the other end, Victor Rodrigues and Noah combined well again for Goa in the 24th minute, creating a promising opportunity in the Mumbai City box.

As the first half progressed, both teams displayed attacking intent. Mumbai City FC went on the counter, with JPD delivering a cross to the far post. However, Seriton's defensive acumen came to the fore as he intercepted the ball just in time to deny El Khayati a clear shot.

The 38th minute of the match saw Udanta winning a free-kick for Goa, and Victor Rodrigues' delivery into the box found Odei at the far post. who heads it across, where Sandesh Jhingan’s heads it just wide of the target.

As the first half neared its end, Goa's Noah found himself with another chance, receiving the ball at the edge of the box after a precise pass from Victor. Unfortunately, his attempt with the outside of his boot missed the target, maintaining the unchanged scoreline.

At the other end , Vinit Rai aimed to locate Greg Stewart, who was making a run inside the Goa box. However, Arshdeep Singh, Goa's goalkeeper, came off his line in time to calmly collect the ball, ensuring that the first half concluded with neither side breaking the deadlock.

The second half kicked off with Mumbai City FC making two tactical changes, bringing in Van Nieff for El Khayati and introducing Lallianzuala Chhangte in place of Vinit Rai.

Early in the second half, Mumbai created a promising chance. Vikram Singh, operating from the right wing, delivered a brilliant cross into the middle of the box. An onrushing Chhangte executed a diving header, but it went straight into the hands of Goa's goalkeeper, Arshdeep Singh.

Vikram continued to be a lively presence, combining with Greg to penetrate the right side of Goa's defense. He swung in another cross to the far post, where Akash headed it across the middle. However, Arshdeep displayed excellent goalkeeping skills, coming out to catch the ball before Diaz could make contact with his head.

A handball foul by Goa presented Mumbai with a free-kick just outside the box, but Greg Stewart's ensuing shot lacked the required curl to find the back of the net.

In the 58th minute, Mumbai opted for a substitution, with Bipin Singh replacing Vikram Singh, injecting fresh legs into the attack.

FC Goa responded by intensifying their offensive efforts. Noah dribbled into the box and delivered a cross to the far post, narrowly missing Victor. Seriton then slipped a ball into the box for Victor, whose cutback was blocked by Griffiths. Despite successive attempts, Victor's shots were thwarted by the resolute Mumbai defense.

Mumbai had a close call when Greg Stewart's delivery into the box evaded Jhingan on the first attempt. However, Diaz couldn't convert the chance on pressure from his marker, and Jhingan managed to clear the ball away.

The home side continued to press forward in the attack, Noah attempted a shot from the left side of the box, only to be denied by an alert Griffiths.

Noah created another opportunity, delivering a cross into the box. Boris took a couple of touches before his shot was bravely blocked by Mishra, who put his body on the line to protect the Mumbai goal.

In the 87th minute, Diaz ran with the ball down on the left, plays a quick 1-2 with Chhangte and attempts a shot on goal, but the shot went wide.

As the clock ticked towards full time, Lallianzuala Chhangte launched an attack from the left, entering the box and delivering a low cross for an onrushing Stewart. However, Carl McHugh's last-ditch tackle denied the Islanders a late chance at goal.

The match concluded with Mumbai City FC holding the league leaders, FC Goa, to a hard-fought 0-0 draw. The Islanders showcased defensive resilience and smart attacking play, securing a valuable point on the road. Mumbai City FC would now eagerly return to the Mumbai Football Arena after more than a month to host East Bengal on December 16th.